I am lucky enough to have this served to me when I visit Wild Country Maple Syrup farm. This recipe transforms bacon into a sweet and salty candy treat with a nice thick chewy bite. Great to snack on its own or use in other recipes. I recommend a bloody Mary garnish.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll baking pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the slices of bacon and grind Black Pepper on top and for some more spice sprinkle some red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crisp.
- Let cool on a rack for a few minutes to let them dry and stiffen up.