- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cool Whip Original Whipped Topping
- glass casserole dish or muffin tin or cookie sheet
- Food coloring
- Distilled white vinegar
- Bamboo skewers or tooth picks
- Large bowl
- Spoon Cool Whip into casserole dish, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Mix food coloring with a few drops of vinegar, then drip mixture randomly over the surface of the Cool Whip.
- Lightly swirl food coloring into the Cool Whip using a bamboo skewer.
- Place hard-boiled egg into the dish, spaced evenly apart.
- Coat each egg with the Cool Whip and food coloring mixture, using a spoon to ensure even coverage
- Let eggs sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove each egg and rinse in a bowl of cool water.
This is a fun way to color easter eggs it creates this nice pastel marbleized effect. We did not use the distilled vinegar in our food color and it seamed to work just fine. Get cracking easter is right around the corner.